Car Best prices

Just started a new project. It is called Car Best Prices

Long time ago I noticed that a new car looses very much in price as soon as you bought it. Using Car Best Prices I tried to figure out how much exactly. And yes I am going to buy a car soon.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Grails on appengine give – it a try

Another bad November morning gave me an idea and I decided to implement it with my favorite development framework Grails and my favorite deployment framework Google App Engine.

I wanted to give a try to this old friends of mine. There were two key question:

  1. Is it possible at all?
  2. Is it possible to fit Grails production website in Google App engine free quota.

The answer on the first question is – YES. Take a look on http://tv-youtube.net – the site for continuous youtube watching. It is implemented with grails-1.3.7. Currently it does not use datastore at all but it use many other Grails features like services, UrlMappings, URL fetching, Groovy XML parsers and Groovy XML builders.

The second answer is – may be.

My previous Google App Engine project was http://hatu.by – Belarussian real estate search engine. It uses spring MVC. It keeps 500 users and 2000 clicks per days without HTTP caching. Each click causes single but huge datastore query.

Currently I am promoting my TV youtube Grails website and waiting performance statistics for it. The question is how much users http://tv-youtube.net can keep withing free quota.

Posted in Grails, IT | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

p4 sync by date

To sync by date in Perforce you should use the following command:

p4 sync @2011/07/24

Posted in Perforce | Leave a comment

NoModuleFileException when deploying app under WebSphere

Problem

I observed an error when deploying ear to WebSpehere with admin console.

I saw the following error on UI:

ErrorThe EAR file could be corrupt and/or incomplete. Make sure that the application is at a compatible Java(TM) Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) level for the current version of WebSphere(R) Application Server.
com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException [Root exception is org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.exception.DeploymentDescriptorLoadException: dd_in_ear_load_EXC_]

in log file:

SystemErr     R Caused by: org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.exception.NoModuleFileException: A file does not exist for module element having uri: my_admin.war
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.ModuleRefImpl.checkType(ModuleRefImpl.java:564)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.ModuleRefImpl.initModuleFileFromEAR(ModuleRefImpl.java:166)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.ModuleRefImpl.getModuleFile(ModuleRefImpl.java:121)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.EARFileImpl.getModuleFile(EARFileImpl.java:110)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.EARFileImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(EARFileImpl.java:450)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.EARFileImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(EARFileImpl.java:431)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.EARFileImpl.getDeploymentDescriptor(EARFileImpl.java:470)
SystemErr     R     at org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.commonarchivecore.internal.impl.EARFileImpl.rollUpRoles(EARFileImpl.java:1313)
SystemErr     R     ... 45 more

Solution:

I discovered that my ear file containes exploded wars. So I zipped my web applications into war files and put them into ear.

Posted in IT | 1 Comment

Flex SDK: Add german locale support

I have faced the following problem while trying to build my flex application under German locale:

D:\app\flex_sdk_3.5\frameworks\flex-config.xml(75): Error: unable to open ‘locale/de_DE’

Or another one:

Error: Unable to resolve resource bundle “containers” for locale “de_DE”.
Error: Unable to resolve resource bundle “validators” for locale “de_DE”.
Error: Unable to resolve resource bundle “styles” for locale “de_DE”.
Error: Unable to resolve resource bundle “states” for locale “de_DE”.

After a while I have discovere that the source of problem is the fact that flex sdk 3.5 supports en_US and ja_JP locales by default only. To ad German locale support you have to run

copylocale en_US de_DE

in flex sdk bin dir.

Posted in Flex, IT | 1 Comment

Flex Consumer blocked with a button

For a couple of days I was stuck with mx.messaging.Consumer blocking with RPC operation invoking.

Usecase:
I had a button. This button invoked potentially long running server operation. Additionally I had a progressbar which polls server for
server operation status.
After clicking on the button progressbar should display long running operation status.

AS pseudocode:
function onClick():void {
mx.messaging.Consumer.subscribe();
operation.invoke(resultHandler);
}

Unfortunately I noticed that this code do not work. Progressbar did not display thmouth progress. It displayed 0% and 100% after a while.
Opening firebug show shat there is no polling from flash player which must be caused by consumer.

After a couple of days of debugging I discovered that the source of problem is a AMFChannel which was shared between progressbar and button.

The problem was solved After defining separated AMF channel for progressbar.

Posted in Flex, IT | Leave a comment

“svn st” Perforce analogue

I sincerely hate perforce after few years of using CVS, svn and Mercurial.

I spend a lot of time trying to find our Perforce way of finding changed but not checked out files. Functionally I want the same as svn st.

Finally I got it. This is:

p4 diff -f -se

I think this is awful from usability point of view that such an useful command has two options to be typed.

ok, ok, Perforce shall be used within IDE…

Posted in Perforce, VCS | Tagged , , | Leave a comment